Friday 12 October 2012

Up Late Thinking

I may regret this tomorrow but here I am anyways writting away at half past ten at night. That may not seem late to all of you but for missionaries this is an hour and a half past bedtime.  I can say that this is a true statement for me because if I go to bed any later than 9:30 I don't want to get up the next morning for school.  I am told that this is due to all the thoughts that run through your mind all day long.  I know that after language all I can think about is how do I pronounce that or waite I just forgot the new word I just learned.  I also find myself thinking about the culture constantly like "will I ever understand it" or "will I ever grow to love it as my own especially in only five months?" These things are important to me because I see that even though it feels like a different world it is not, it is the same world that I live in.  It is one world just with different divitions.  I know that this part of the world is home for many people; just as I have a place to call home.  I know that when people come to visit my home I would apprecaite it if they tried to make it their home too, even if it was only for a short while. 

I wouldn't consider myself a missionary; at least not yet.  I feel as I have a lot to learn from other missionaries and a lot to grow in. My heart is still full of selfish motives and I was nieve to think that those selfish desires would leave when I got to Madagascar.  No I am not magically transformed into being this humble Godly saint.  But I do feel as if God has me here for a reason and he wants me to go through this cleasing period.  Well actually I think that will never stop but I hope that I will grow continually and my thoughts and actions will be tested constantly.  Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.  I love you all very much.

1 comment:

  1. I would consider you a missionary:) Missionaries don't have it altogether either. They're always living on the edge. Learning new things. Messing up. Going with the flow. TIA (This is Africa). And trying to draw close to the Lord everyday. That's exactly what you go through.

    I like your reflections. Praying for sweet sleeps!

    P.S.: I can't believe I JUST discovered your blog. I have lots to catch up on;)

    ReplyDelete