Saturday 10 November 2012

Deception

I was just reflecting on this song by Flame; this famous Christian rapper.  I realize not everyone appreciates rap like I do but everyone can acquire something from this song.  It's called, "The Great Deception".  In summery it takes about the story of deception that first started with Adam and Eve and ends with Jesus resurrection.  Adam and Eve were entrusted by God as the caretakers of the earth but only one condition; God was the caretaker of them.  He knew what was best for them and that they needed to trust him with that.  But Satin made them question their place in creation; maybe God was holding something back from them.  Do you ever think that God is ever holding something back from you?  I mean that is why we escape sometimes to our video games or movies.  We feel like we have to know what is going on in this world; the latest trends and media news.  The great deception started with Adam and Eve feeling like they needed to know all sides of wisdom; good and evil.  Now that we know God and evil we are confronted with deception daily.  Deception comes in all different shapes and sizes but we must address by pin pointing it out. Then we acknowledge that Jesus knows this deception and faced it head on.  First by going to the desert and being tempted by the devil for bread and power.  He reviled to us that it is possible to be human and to  overcome deception.  His secret is drawing near to God for protection.  He did this before the Resurrection to show us he knows deception is common to every man but that it is still possible to overcome it as a man since he already did it for us. You just have to listen to the song yourself, it has great biblical truth in it.

I am reflecting on this song because I see the truth it brings to my own life.  I am deceived in many ways by Satin but I do not address it very often.  I am deceived into thinking that I am not worth much in the eyes of God.  I doubt the gifts God has given me often and I long for other people's gifts.  I deceive myself into believing that I am missing out on things here on the mission field like music, movies, news, snow, etc.  When I know that I don't need these things and they are not a part of my identity.  I sometimes deceive myself into thinking more highly of myself than I ought to be; kind of like Adam and Eve did. I find these important to share with you because it is one of the hardest things to do even with fellow Christians.  Even when I share these with you I know they will not vanish and automatically disappear but that I will probably still struggle with them. The reason I do share them with you is because  

No comments:

Post a Comment